The official student news site of Norristown Area High School

The Wingspan

The Wingspan

The Wingspan

Major Carter Brings Experience and Inspiration to JRTOC

Recent Norristown's Finest Stories

Seniors Wrap Up High School with Final Prom

On Friday, May 3rd our 2024 seniors enjoyed one of their last events together. Their senior prom was held at 6 pm with Monaco being the astonishingly beautiful set piece for this enchanting night of dining, dancing, and a surprise encounter with a robot. Pulling up in fancy cars, long dresses, and suits with feathers, sequence, glitter, fresh lapel accessories, and new shoes the senior class was ready to have a great night. As each student got out of the car everyone started to cheer and the “paparazzi”(aka Ms.Mitchell) went to take pictures.

When you walk into the lobby there are tons of flowers and photo backdrops. A spinning photo machine was set up to get perfect Instagram pics. During the night guests piled their plates with mac and chees, chicken and waffles, pizza, and much more. The seniors definitely didn’t stay far away from the mocktails to stay hydrated while dancing the night away. 

“This night means that it is the end of my childhood because after prom is graduation then I am off into the real world,” said Naimah Rafiq. 

I could not have said this better myself, it’s true after their senior prom seniors have graduation and then they are off into the real world their childhood is technically over. 

When the seniors thought that the night couldn’t get any better but then, fog and smoke was released revealing a tall, colorful party robot. Impressing everyone, the robot knew all the dances and had all the dance moves. Everyone enjoyed dancing around and having fun with the party robot.

It seemed like everyone enjoyed their time, you saw a lot of smiles and people having fun taking pictures, sitting down talking, and just looking beautiful. Seeing these seniors get out of their fancy cars and nice dresses/suits warmed my heart because they all looked so glamorous. 

After sitting down, dancing, and socializing with each other it was time to announce the prom court, when it was announced that  Jeremiah McCray and Jazmin Cegueda-Gonzalez won prom king and queen. 

“Put yourself out there it never hurts to try, because I didn’t think I would win prom queen based on all the people I  was competing against,” said Cegueda-Gonzalez. 

For anyone thinking about it, you should definitely put yourself out there to try because it can always end up in a good or bad way so it never hurts to try. Experiences always matter and shape who you are.  Congratulations to Cegueda-Gonzalez for putting herself out there and winning queen prom. 

As the amazing class of 2024 is signing out of their childhood life we all wish them the best of luck. We hope you guys go on in life and follow your dreams. We understand that you guys have some hiccups along the way but you made it and you are finally moving on.

View Comments (5)