The official student news site of Norristown Area High School

The Wingspan

The Wingspan

The Wingspan

Top 5 Fall Fashion Necessities

As the smell of pumpkin spice and crisp leaves blow in with the cool wind, you know autumn is finally here.  When the temperature eventually drops into the 50s, you’ll want to stay warm and comfortable but still carry a sense of style with you. But walking through those crunchy leaves and looking your best doesn’t have to be expensive or difficult. In fact, you can get a lot of what you need to be stylish at your local thrift store, if don’t already have it in the back of your closet already! Fall fashion is so convenient because most pieces can be worn during winter and and early spring too.

Have no idea what to wear to make you feel confident or outgoing? These 5 stylish pieces will get you where you need in the autumn afternoon.   

Knit Sweaters Knitted sweaters can be some of the comfiest sweaters to wear and are perfect just for fall. These sweaters could be paired with any type of bottom clothing, whether it be a skirt, pair of jeans, or sweats. If you’re going to the grocery store, a quaint pumpkin patch, or in your living room to watch “Tangled” for the 100th time. A warm knit sweater won’t look out of place. They are also almost effortless to find; go thrifting anywhere and just look in the fall clothing aisle where they will be in plain sight. They are affordable too, and especially perfect if you’re going for the “lazy girl” style. 

Heeled boots with faux wool or fur coats Heeled boots are a MUST for fall. Especially with faux fur or wool coats, it feels like nothing can go wrong with this outfit. It gives you that chic effect and makes you feel elegant. Don’t just wear any boots though; choose the boots that make you feel you and match your personality. With fur coats, they keep you nice and warm from the chilly atmosphere.

Mini skirts Mini skirts are the perfect bottom clothing for this fall. These skirts have been trending recently from the “y2k” era of fashion, and are easy to style. Pair it with a long sleeve with lace and some skin color tights, and you’ll have the perfect outfit to go out, not just during the day but also in the evening when you’re heading out with friends for your favorite pumpkin spiced latte with cold foam. 

Leather coat Picture yourself with skinny jeans and a loose blouse, add some block-heel boots, and voila! You are ready for the afternoon with your friends, walking around the city. Remember, you don’t have to wear matching colors with a leather jacket, so mix and match biker boots with a crop top and a red leather jacket: the perfect outfit for pumpkin picking or getting lost in a corn maze. 

Uggs If none of these pieces have appealed to your tastes, you can always safely go for the classic Ugg outfit with dark blue jeans and a soft tight sweater. They don’t just make you feel cute, but protect you from the harsh weather. The soft lining in the Uggs keeps your feet warm. These classics are a great investment, as they pair perfectly with winter fashion as well. With your hair down and some earmuffs, Uggs help finish off that “clean girl” aesthetic. I usually wear this outfit when I go out with my family to eat or pick the right apple for apple pie. 

View Comments (1)