The official student news site of Norristown Area High School

The Wingspan

The Wingspan

The Wingspan

’24 Junior Prom ‘Tangled’ Students Up in a Night of Dancing and Excitement

This year’s 2024 Junior prom was an enchanted experience. The theme was “Lighting up your dreams” or “Tangled.” And the decorations did just that. A beautiful arch made of vines and sparkling lights as you walk up the ramp. Golden streams hang down as you walk into the Norristown Area High School cafeteria. The night consisted of loud music, dancing, food, and a lot of purple and gold decorations which made that night truly special for the class of 2025.

“I didnt want to come but it’s like this only happens two times out of my whole life,” said junior Avah Savage.  “And I didnt want to miss out” 

The event started at 7 pm and around 7:30 is when it really started to begin. Long sparkling dresses along with colorful suits flooded the cafeteria. What made the night more beautiful was seeing so many outfits right on theme. From tiaras to multiple Disney princesses, the night was filled with so much joy.

It wouldn’t have happened though if it wasn’t for Kate Demedio and Liz Delong, who are the junior class sponsors, and the junior class officers Jaden Crutchfield, Gelina Smith, Saniya Dickson, Brianna Batista, Rama Jalloh, Safi Jalloh, and Maitre Patel. They all spent about 5 months planning this special night.

“And they did a great job,” Demedio said of the officers, who planned every single decoration and even got donations for food. 

Picking a theme was also a task they had to do together. They chose 4 themes and everyone had to vote on which one they preferred, and they landed on the Disney-inspired theme.

“Throughout the entire voting I was hoping for it,” said Safi Jalloh. 

Pictures were taken all throughout the night as it was sure no one wanted it to end. Though eventually it did, these are moments that no one will ever forget about and the class of 2025 are left with plenty of memories and photos of this night and what it meant to them.