How To Survive Last Months Before Graduating

Khadejah Neal, Staff Reporter

Senior year is truly coming into its last phases and months. Seniors have a lot to worry about such as grades, deciding and enter college, finishing that last bit of homework, prom, senior week, saving or making money, a job, and plenty more. Like myself and many other seniors, stress has completely took control of our lives. Some of us with all these stressors may begin to slack on some things, however by following these tips listed below it can help your last months become smoother and lessen the strain:

Time management

Time management is key problem for most seniors. Balancing work, school, and friends can be very hard to do. Having a good time management can allow you to manage your time wisely and productively. With good time management one can avoid waiting till the last minute to turn in assignment or cramming for a test the night before .

Save money

Senior year is expensive, especially the last few months, I would recommend saving your money and any loose change in a piggy bank. These dollars can add up and can really help with one of your many expensive ventures. You don’t need Wawa and chick-fil- la everyday. As crazy as it seems, those are just induldgences and are not necessary, especially when there are more important or bigger things it can be put towards, such as college or senior week.

Visit guidance counselor/college career center

Visiting the guidance during the school hours can help with the stress. They’re able to help with so many things such as: money problems, college, family problems, career, scholarships, and many more. Going down to the guidance office can relieve you from stress and answer any lingering questions.

Keep a checklist/agenda

Recording the dates and tasks needed to be done in a notebook or agenda can keep you right on track. During senior year students have plenty of things to maintain like a job, school work, and all the college preparations so eventually it may become a little much.  This way you’ll have your schedule structured and never miss a dead line or due date .

Have fun

It’s your senior year! Even though it’s super stressful you should enjoy it. This will be the last time you will be together with your 2016 class and you will never have this experience again. You should try new activities and talk to people you haven’t talk to before, even if they’re the ones you’ve never dreamed of befriending; they could become your new best friend.  You should also participant in all the school events since it’s your last year, you need go all out, have fun, and make new memories.