Spirit Week 2K17 Starts the Year Off With a Bang! EDITED

October 2nd 2017 marked the 25th annual Spirit Week at Norristown Area School District. Students and teachers started off the week with a new spirit day called “Meme Day”. On Meme day students and teachers were asked to dress like their favorite meme. Many students found this challenging and didn’t participate in this day,  however the teachers went all out, with some dressing as the Kermit the frog meme and even a good luck Charlie meme. The following day the student body redeemed themselves. Tuesday was duo day (not twin day), students and teachers were to dress as a famous duo from television or social media. Some common Dynamic Duos worn on Tuesday were Mickey and Minnie Mouse, Thing one and Thing two, and Superhero duos. In the middle of spirit week Norristown celebrated its traditional Wacky Wednesday! Everyone dressed with mixed shoes, weird hairstyles, and crazy attire. Wacky Wednesday was followed by Costume day on Thursday. A well liked costume was the inflatable T-rex worn by one of Norristown’s Seniors, Brandon Neely. Last but not least Friday was Blue and White day for 9th-11th graders, while keeping to tradition all seniors “Black Out” and wear as much black as possible for the school’s Pep Rally. Everyone was entertained by the Cheerleader’s two performances, one being with the Football players. We also had Norristown’s Area Highs first Lip Sync Battle. This first round featured Senior Rich Maggio and his crew facing off with Senior Principal Mr. Brenner, who surprised everyone with his alter ego, Beyoncé. As students went back to their classes, all could definitely agree that this was a great way to start off the 2017 year for Norristown.