Freshmen Tips and Tricks

Julia Carter

More stories from Julia Carter

Freshmen Tips and Tricks

Navigating High School for the first few months can get a bit frustrating and overwhelming when you’re a freshman, or even a transfer. And usually, by the time you’ve gotten the routine down, you’re a sophomore. Luckily, I am a sophomore who suffered myself last year and therefore have picked up a couple of shortcuts to the system. if you’d like to stay ahead of the game, whether its on lockers, clubs, etc., this guide has your back.

The most important thing to know while traveling around the high is the locker colors mostly correspond to where a majority of specific subjects are. History classes on the third floor are mainly located between the orange and green lockers, Most English classes are near tan/brown lockers and the green lockers on the second floor, majority of Math classes are in between the blue and brown lockers and finally, the Science classes are along the brown lockers or in between the brown and green lockers. A tip is to look at the maps right outside of each stairwell that tell you the direction of the room numbers. All languages are in the new wing, which, unfortunately can only be accessed by stairwell three, through the bridge. All Art classes are on the first floor near the first stairwell next to the cafeteria. All resources being the nurse, guidance and attendance/main office are also on the first floor, directly between the first and fourth stairwell. The auditorium is near the resources, it also connects to the cafeteria. A trick if you’re running late to lunch is to go through the auditorium and take the doors near the stage. Another tip is to always remember your ID in the mornings, if you don’t will have to walk up to the MAIN doors (not the athletic building where everyone usually enters) and stand in line for a new one with other people, which may make you late, costing you a lunch detention. In the lunchroom, there is a school store that seems to be hidden behind the scenes that sells items to rep our school, it is in between the salad line and the hot line but it’s usually covered by a line of people so keep an eye out so you don’t miss out. They usually sell hoodies, T-shirts, pencils, and other merchandise to show NAHS pride.

One last tip is to get involved, there are clubs for every type of person available. For example, Paranormal club, Blue and White society, Christian Youth Club, Young Scholars, and many more to choose from. You also shouldn’t be afraid to ask questions about anything you may be confused on. You’ll be better off in the long run instead of trying to figure it out on your own.