The official student news site of Norristown Area High School

The Wingspan

The Wingspan

The Wingspan

Major Carter Brings Experience and Inspiration to JRTOC

Recent Norristown's Finest Stories

The Backstory of Local Pizza Shop: Via Veneto’s

40 years ago, Dominic Stabile’s brother had a pizza shop in Brooklyn. Stabile, who wished to work for himself, bought Via Veneto’s and brought it to Norristown. This pizza shop became the place people in Norristown know and love.

Stabile had spent his whole life working for other companies, buying Via Veneto’s and bringing it to Norristown was a chance for him to work for himself for a change. 

“If I fall, it would be on me. If I succeed, it would be my pleasure,” Stabile said. 

Via Veneto’s Pizza has been a popular location in Norristown for almost 40 years. Whether you get Pizza, Cheesesteaks, Water Ice, or French Fries, there’s something anyone can enjoy. 

Stabile believes Via Veneto’s is popular today because it has been a family-run operation for almost 51 years and has developed close bonds with its customers. In order to maintain this bond, they frequently hire teenagers/young adults.

“We’ve been taking care of customers, people that support us every year, all year around. We believe that by doing that, things go ahead,” Stabile said.

Within the last year, due to popular demand, Via Veneto’s has just reopened its original location on Markley Street. According to Stabile, if everything goes according to plan, he can expect the opening to be soon.

“As far as I understand, people keep asking when we’re coming back. So, to me, Norristown is the mother of Via Veneto’s,” Stabile said.

As far as further expansion goes, Stabile claims that there will be no other locations opening for Via Veneto’s. He believes that when you try to expand more, you lose contact with customers.

“I’d rather stay the way I am, and the way we will be with the new place. So I could handle the customers one-on-one and not forget about that,” Stabile said.