Red Cross Blood Drive

More stories from Imani Davis

On May 1st, 2018, Norristown Area High School lead a Red Cross Blood Drive, which started at 8:00 a.m. and ended at 12:45 p.m. The faculty had over 100 donors, making the process approximately 90 minutes from start to finish. The Red Cross Drive Norristown High held, helped kids and the community. They had 91 students show up and the cross collected 67 donations, 14 of which were the double red cell which was very useful.  

The Red Cross made a point to let the Principal, Mr. Ed Roth, know how impressed they were with the students who helped out and the ones who had donated as well. They will likely send a larger staff to accommodate the school’s numbers next year. The Red Cross thanked the Norristown area high school staff for providing the necessary materials which made things run smoothly. The team was very thankful for the faculty and the students flexibility on that day.

The question many asked was, where was the blood being donated to? The donated blood goes to hospitals, cara, and cancer. A lot of schools have donated blood through the months of September to May. The Red Cross got blood from five counties in Pennsylvania and New Jersey.

Devonna Anderson has been working with Red Cross for 26 years collecting blood and giving it back to the community. The goal was 60 donations but the Red Cross received around 100 blood donations!

When you schedule a blood drive donation today it’s a life changing act of kindness, actions is always better than words. Show your kindness for the children and the community. If you want to donate now visit, change the world your community:

www.redcrossblood,org