The Wingspan

Top Ten Movies to Watch While Stuck Inside

Shanekia Coombs – Staff Reporter

While stuck inside on a rainy day or in the midst of a snow storm, pick up your remote and turn on Netflix. Netflix offers many good programs in a variety of genres to get you through anything. The weather outside may be bad, but your day doesn’t have to be.

1. High School Musical (Family/Musical): In this Disney film the cast depicts teenage life through singing and dancing. It touches upon young romance, family bonds, and friendships.
  2. Kubo and the Two Strings (Family): Kubo is a one-eyed boy who has to escape the attempts of his grandfather and aunts who seek to steal his remaining eye.  He is only protected by his mother and his monkey as he tries to secure magical armor.
  3. Honey 3 (Family/Drama): This movie is about a girl who lost her mom when she was young. She made a promise to her mother that she would finish school and make a movie about Shakespeare’s Romeo and Juliet.
  4. A Series of Unfortunate Events (Comedy series): Based on the books by Lemony Snicket, this series follows the lives of the recently orphaned Baudelaire children: Violet, Klaus, and Sunny. While investigating their parents’ death, they must also get away from the evil Count Olaf as he tries to get the wealthy children’s inheritance.
  5. Moana (Animated Family Movie): When a young Samoan girl becomes the chief of her tribe and island she goes against the wishes of her father. Moana wants to go out in the ocean to save her island and bring back the Heart of Nefiti to restore the island’s coconut crops to good health.
  6. Reality High (Comedy): This is a simple but sweet plot about a girl who likes to help out animals and finds true love in a longtime crush during her Senior year.
  7. Riverdale (Drama/Movie): Taking a darker twist on the lighthearted “Archie Comics”, a young boy has an affair with his music teacher which leads to the discovery of a twisted murder.
  8. Being Mary Jane (Comedy Series): This BET show is about a female news reporter who is trying to find love while also dealing with work and family issues.
  9. Shooter (Action Flick): A retired sniper shooter is framed for killing the president.
  10. Client List (Mystery/Thriller): A woman who has her own spa business discovers her husband is running illegal activity through the business.

About the Writer
Shanekia Coombs, Staff Reporter

I am from Kingston, Jamaica and have just moved to the United States. I am currently in the 11th grade. I consider myself a wonderful person. I enjoy chatting...