NAHS is Still Working Hard to Make an Impression in the PAC 10

Brandon Neely, Staff Reporter

In the 2016-2017 sports season, Norristown Area High School and district moved to the PAC 10 division of Southeastern Pennsylvania. So far, the high school has not been extremely successful in the new conference. Throughout the fall, winter, and spring seasons it was a struggle for both boys and girls sports. In prior seasons, Norristown sports were in blank division, the school wanted more competitive competition, however, the competition was far too difficult for student-athletes to keep up with, making the transition unsuccessful. Norristown area high school almost finished last in both boys and girls sports.

During the 2016-2017 season Norristown finished 1-4 in the division and 3-9 overall in football, placing the school in dead last. Within the 2017-2018 season the team finished 1-4 in the division and 4-7 overall. Football is one of the most popular sports in the Pac 10, and to find out the athletes did not rank as high as they hoped, Norristownians were very disappointed with team’s performance. Although disappointed they are very optimistic about the new coach coming in next year. Only time will tell if the team can improve in this very competitive division.

With fall sports being a disappointment, winter sports were not much better. NAHS ladies basketball was having a hard time transitioning to the division as well, finishing 0-10 in the division and 2-20 overall for the 2016-2017 season. Even though with such a abysmal start the ladies team did slightly better the following season with a record of 0-10 in division play and 4-17 overall. Although they did not do much better afterwards, there is still a chance for the next season! The Eagles are striving to finish in the middle of the PAC for 2019.

Besides having not as good of luck, the boy’s basketball team changed thing up by doing much better than the other sports, ranking around the top teams in the division, finishing 5-5 in the division and 14-12 overall in the 2016-2017 season as well as 8-2 in the division and 18-9 overall in 2017-2018. Boy’s basketball is by far the best sports team in Norristown and people expect them to keep the success going into the 2018-2019 season.

Now that winter is over people are looking forward to spring sports besides Norristown. The school struggles the most in the spring season. With both boys and girls lacrosse finishing winless in the 2016-2017, the seasons were so bad that the school decided to discontinue boy’s lacrosse. Fans are hoping for the girls team to at least win a game this season.

It’s hard  to move to a new division and expect to win, but no one expected to see the Eagles struggle this much, however, Norristown has great fans with have roaring spirits. Hopefully, the school athletes are able to turn around their luck in this competitive division and bring victory to Norristown.