Trivia Crack Review

Trivia Crack Review

Sterling Williams, Co-Business Manager

If one were to take a second to poll the Norristown Area High School student body on what app they most recently downloaded, and what app they invest the majority of their time in, nine times out of ten the answer will be, “Trivia Crack”. The concept behind the game is simple. You spin a “wheel” that appears on the interface of your phone, touch the center to “spin”, and the dial will land on a category. The categories can range from any common knowledge questions you can think of. They range from art, geography, history, sports, science, entertainment, and a very broad section that involves a bonus section that could cover all of this information. Once all of this is covered, the person who accumulates the most characters in each category (there is one point per correct question, along with gaining a character with every three points accumulated or getting that special bonus section and that question right), will win the game of trivia crack. For what seems like a very simplistic game, what is the allure behind such simplicity?

Since its inception from the company Etermax in 2009, it was the most downloaded app in Latin America, and has even spawned a game show in Argentina, along with merchandising deals that range from sneakers, rulers, and all the way to iPhone cell phone covers. The game has developed somewhat of a cult following, and is something that has been sweeping the entire world, along with Norristown Area High School. One expert thinks that it’s popularity stems from having the ability to stabilize a balance between complexity and difficulty. It is simple enough to follow and understand, and difficult enough to present a challenge to everyone involved in it. Soon enough, developers plan to release a second version of Trivia Crack, which allows for users to create, develop, and share their own questions. This development capability will add to its creativity and already-widespread appeal. The app has already laid a footprint all around the world, but how has its impact been felt here at Norristown High School?

Trivia-Crack-Image-7-e1419738342993Personally speaking, everyone I know has downloaded the app, or has had some experience in it. There is nothing more gratifying to me than mentally stumping one of my peers, and being able to brag about it later. The layout is simple, and you learn a lot as you move along in the game (thanks to Trivia Crack, I now know that Mary Shelley has more renowned works excluding Frankenstein), which adds to its redeeming educational value. Although it may seem like a simple distraction to most, it has a lot of educational value, is simplistic, and is a fun and rewarding challenge for people to participate in. Most people tell me that it is crucial to learn something new every day, and I have definitely done just that by playing my friends in Trivia Crack numerous times throughout the day.

Rating: 9 out of 10 (Very fun and educational)