Spirit Week 2K17 Arrives at NAHS

Jessica Yates, Editor-In-Chief

Fellow Eagles, Spirit Week is upon us! Sponsored by the Blue and White Society, the week of October 2nd through October 6th will be Spirit Week leading up to the Homecoming Game on October 7th. The week is filled with unique theme days that will allow students to express themselves in novel ways.

Monday is Meme Day. Dress up as your favorite Meme!! Whether its “Dat Boi” , SaltBae, or my personal favorite, the Roll Safe “Think about it” Meme. And if you’re feeling uninspired, the best memes are usually found on Instagram or Twitter.

Tuesday is Duo Day. This is your typical Twin Day, just with a different name. Find a friend, a teacher and dress up exactly alike, all the way to your socks (but who’s really going to see it?). Even if you can’t match all the way, stick to the same color palette and people will still see double.

Wednesday is (the beloved) Wacky Wednesday. Everyone, especially Seniors are advised to go all out for this day. Within the perimeters of the school’s dress code, students are allowed to wear whatever they want. Wear your clothes inside out, stick your hair all the way up with gel.  Really, it is not a day for looking “cute”; it is a day for wacky. If for some reason you’re feeling too wacky on Wacky Wednesday, you can always stick with the same colors, and keep your sanity.

Thursday is Costume Day. This day is almost like Meme Day, but not quite. Thursday can be the day to redeem yourself if you missed your chance to Meme-out on Monday. While you can dress up like a meme again, you are certainly not limited to it. Dress up like Spider-Man, Beyoncé, or your favorite teacher. For those who don’t want to be a person, they can dress as a dog, a Banana, or even a number. The only thing limiting you is your imagination.

Friday is the school’s traditional Blue and White Day. As the day before the Homecoming Game, Norristown usually has their Fall Pep Rally. It is  imperative for Students to deck out in their NAHS gear and wear blue and white on Friday.  In the past years there has been a slight break in this with a SENIORS ONLY “BlackOut”, albeit their attire is usually peppered with some blue and white. This is the day that the whole school comes together, and if you don’t dress up in your blue and white and show off your Norristown Pride, don’t be surprised if you get the stink eye from your fellow eagles.

**For all days, it is to be noted that the dress code is still the same as it is for regular school days. If you are unsure of the full dress code, visit https://www.nasd.k12.pa.us/Domain/16  and go to the NAHS N-Book 2017-2018.