College Story

College Story

Onah Pleasants, Staff Reporter

It´s finally senior year, and the class of 2017 is so excited to move on and go to college, or not go to college. Most high school seniors are expected to go to a four year college, do a trade or enter the military or workforce.  Unfortunately, that model does not fit all seniors.

For example, some seniors might want to take a year off of college and use that time to think about what they want to do in life, what steps they need to take in order to accomplish that goal. Some things people want to do for living does not always require a college degree. Unlike many of my classmates, I’m heading to a whole new city without a full schedule of classes or a dorm to set up with a roommate. however , i have a plan. I believe that if you really want something, you have to take that risk sometimes and just go for it and work as hard as you possibly can for it. Do not give up. I mean don’t get me wrong, seeing all of my friends getting ready for college in the fall makes me wonder, if i’m making the right decision, especially when parents ask me what college i’m going to attend and i reply that i’m not going, as if i let someone down. College isn’t for everyone. There are many successful people in life that didn’t go to college and you shouldn’t try to make someone feel like less of an person for not attending a four year college right after high school.