CPK Becomes Norristown’s First Know-it-Alls

Jessica Yates, Editor in Chief

Being the first of many, the first ever NAHS QuizBowl was the event of the day with 23 participating teams gathering in the high school cafeteria post-dismissal.   The room was filled with both knowledge and tension and Mr. Schafer was at the helm as the “Quiz Master”.

Starting at 3:00p.m, students and faculty were faced with three rounds of trivia, the first being the lightning round where Mr. Schafer asked each a question giving each team only five seconds to answer. Players were then faced with the second Jeopardy-style round and picked from the seven categories: U.S Presidents, Pop Culture Music, In the zoo, Catch all, Pop Culture, U.S. History, and Teacher Trivia with only ten seconds to answer.  Bonus questions were asked when a team answered correctly for extra points worth half the points of the original question.

When teams pulled through, all were given the last chance to redeem themselves in the final round of Double Jeapordy with categories consisting of: Colors, Pop Culture Movies, On the Road, At the Museum, Pop Culture TV, Fashion in the Hallways, and Name the Department.

Along with the rules of the round before, players were able to score double the points this round. Everyone tried their best but Mr. DiNenno and his group of students (Solomon Keliojor, Melissa Lam, Matt Piccari, and Dylan Copestick) proved that they were dominant and only they could be worthy of being Norristown’s First Know-it-alls.

This event was sponsored by the Blue and White Society, The Wingspan, and the NAHS Parent-Faculty Club.   All three organizations are looking forward to planning another Quiz Bowl this spring.