Juniors Danced Among the Stars at Prom

Angel Patel, Staff Reporter

Many students attended attended the Junior Prom on April 15th.  Although doors closed at 8:30 PM, most guests arrived at 7:45 PM.  Parents, staff, and guests alike raved over the Hollywood themed decor that was executed by the junior class prom committee and the class sponsors, Mrs. Pileggi and Mrs. Sullivan. Attendees were greeted with a red carpet and paparazzi as they arrived.  Students tried to find their stars on the red carpet and were even allowed to take them home once prom ended.  The red carpet led to the cafeteria, where the dancing took place.  There was not a sit-down dinner like the senior prom will have, but there were light snacks and refreshments.  Students enjoyed the plethora of baked goods, such as cake, cookies, and cupcakes.  Candy was a favorite of the dancers.  In addition, a photo booth was almost always full of couples and friends wanting a candid picture to commemorate the night.

The reports of those who attended were a mix of critiques and praise.  One guest reports, “The DJ coulda been better but everyone looked HOT and it was a fun night.”  Steven Quinones confirms a similar sentiment saying, “It was fun.  I thought it was pretty good overall.”  Gabby Masucci was focused on the time wither her friends rather than decor or music declaring, “It was fun I guess.  It was a good night with my friends.”  Most reviews of the DJ were less than stellar as Dylan Copestick puts it: “It was chilling, except for the DJ.”

Overall most were blown away by the decorations and  had a good time at junior prom even though they did think too well of the DJ.