Motivation Deteriorates as Graduation Approaches

Marley DeSantis, Staff Reporter

Senioritis has become severe as the 3rd marking is coming to an end. Many seniors have become less motivated to do school work because they have done their senior essays and presentations. They assume they don’t have to do anymore school work.  Even though June is approaching, grades still matter until the last day of school. Students think that because they got in the schools they wanted to, they are able to let their grades drop and stop attending school. Every little thing matters until June 10th when high school will be officially over and students can start their careers.

I know many teachers are worried about a few seniors. Their thoughts are, if they can’t take things serious now then what is going to change when they get to college? There is also some people not going to college at all  and many wonder if that makes them lazy or dumb? Personally, I don’t think it’s either. I think people are able to choose what they want to do with their life and shouldn’t have to be judged whether or not they go to college. College isn’t for everyone and parents as well as teachers need to accept that. I know parents want the best for their children and want to see them exceed but if a child doesn’t want to go to college, parents should support them with their future.