NAHS Trash Gets A Facelift

Skylar Bartlett, Staff Reporter

Have you noticed the new trash cans around the halls? Maybe you’ve noticed the halls are cleaner? Well, thanks to Principal Smith the trash here at NAHS has gotten a major face-lift. According to Mr. Fry, the fancy black and silver cans were delivered on February 10 to the main office/lobby area, the first and second floors of the new wing, and the third floor. He also said that the cans were added to our school as a request by Principal Smith as a way to aid the cleanliness of our halls. In case you’re wondering where you can get a stylish can of your own (believe me, I’ve had many students ask where to get one), they came from a vendor where we get most of our supplies for the entire school. For more details about where the cans came from talk to or email Mr. Fry, who is very knowledgeable on the new cans.

While the cans do look magnificent, we as students have to remember to use them because the floor in between your classes and the bottom of someone else’s shoe is not a trash can! While it seems like the easy and quick thing to do by just dropping your trash wherever you feel like, remember how much work other people put in to clean each and every one of the cans, hallways, bathrooms, and stairwells to give everyone a nice learning environment. So maybe, you’re like me and as your reading this you think, “I always put my trash in the trash cans”, and that’s good, but according to Mr. Fry, the new trash cans haven’t really done much but sit there and look pretty because “there are still students who refuse to use them”. So even if you “always put your trash in the cans”,  remember all of the hard work that goes into maintaining a clean and healthy school and tell someone to put their garbage into the trash can, for their and everyone else’s sake. After all,  you probably don’t want to be stepping in someone’s spilled cereal with your new shoes.