Norristown’s Untapped Talent!

Shirell Harrison, Staff Reporter

Norristown is a school filled with diversity. Students of all kinds attend. There are many different types of students as well, but some things are overlooked. The amount of talent in Norristown is incredible. Overlooked due to lack of popularity, we have some great artists, musicians, and singers. Here are a few of Norristown’s Untapped Talent:

Jenell Nichols (Grade 12)- She has taken most of the art classes here at Norristown and has been drawing since she was six. She sees art as an escape and it relaxes her. There are “endless possibilities” and she enjoys passing time this way. She can draw and does make-up for events. She even specializes in FX make-up for costumes.

imagejpeg (2) imagepng

Tom Detwiler (Grade 12)- Starting at age six, Tom found drawing very exciting. Recreating images he typically saw was exhilarating to him. In middle school he began to realize his talent. He excelled in the art courses then and still does. Drawing is an escape from his busy schedule. When he’s not with friends or playing baseball, Tom likes to draw and listen to music. FullSizeRender (1)

Nate Reynolds (Grade 12)- Winner of most artistic for senior mock awards, Mr. Reynolds has immense talent. He’s taken many of the art courses at Norristown. He began drawing around the age of five but didn’t take it seriously until he was about 11. He likes being able to recreate with his own hands and bringing images to life. Nate is quiet overall and keeps to himself, but his drawings are detailed and attention grasping.

imagejpeg (3)