NAHS Volleyball Soar

Khadejah Neal, Staff Reporter

Norristown Area High School varsity volleyball team had a tense face-off with rival, Plymouth Whitemarsh (PW) on October 20.  This wasn’t just another typical game because it was senior night for NAHS. Each Lady Eagle was escorted by an important figure in their life. This senior night had a wild and enthusiastic crowd. Boys from the football team came to join in the action, some even painted their chests with the senior girl’s number. Town pride definitely rose to the occasion, with chants coming from the crowd.  The volleyball team knew they were supported and loved.

Even though P.W. was winning throughout the game, the crowd remained excited and attentive, so the NAHS motivation dind’t fade. Even after losing 2 sets they stayed focused and maintained energy throughout the 3rd set.

These ladies defiantly have a bond, winning 6 games out of 15. They have soared above last year’s record. Most of them have been playing since grade school, so next year will be adjustment for those who are not playing for college.

With one game left in the season it will be a “bitter sweet moment”, says senior Devon Morse who has been playing for three years. Even though the ladies lost, they still showed Eagle pride and will end their season this week feeling accomplished.