The New Faces of “Eagle News” for the 2015-16 School Year

The New Faces of Eagle News for the 2015-16 School Year

Khadejah Neal, Staff Reporter

Everyone here at Norristown Area High School has viewed eagle news during homeroom. People may suspect that they’re just kids and anyone can do the news, but after interviewing Mr. Doyle I have come to the conclusion is not that simple. On the eagle news team students must be ready to work and participate. It is not a class one can snooze in; it provides its student with stimulating information about videography and new techniques they can use.

This class gives a feel of an actual news room and knowledge on what actually happens behind the scenes. While giving its viewers important information and entertainment, Mr. Doyle has also found a way for, not just students, but everyone to stay connected and watch videos throughout the year.            If anyone thinks they are fit for the job and have the guts and heart to join the team, continue reading. Mr. Doyle says that the best students are the ones who are trustworthy, compassionate, responsible, and last but not least have a great personality. This class is not for anyone who is camera shy because Mr. Doyle’s goal is to get everyone on the air. Everyone is require to work hard and participate by auditioning and practicing. Mr. Doyle and the students seen on TV put in a lot time on screen and off to bring NAHS students news.            On eagle news students usually see commercials, announcements and highlights. However, this year eagle news will be introducing a new sports segment going over NAHS sports that will be a bi-weekly, 1/2 hour show .They will also be introducing a new dramatic series that is in process of writing now. The eagle news will be collaborating with the Wing Span, the NAHS Newspaper, for “Wingspan Headlines” which is still in the works. Since it is a new year, students will see a new fellow class mate on the news every day. After meeting with Mr. Doyle, anyone can see his passion for eagle news and believe it’s a great class and wonderful experience. To stay connected with eagle news, follow them on Twitter and Facebook @NASDTV To watch videos, turn to channels NASDjohndoyle and NASDarchives on channel 28 on Comcast and on channel 48 on Verizon!