NAHS Music Department Celebrates “Music in our Schools Month”

The National Association for Music Education celebrates 30 years of Music in Our Schools Month this year.

Jayde Terio-Sbailo, Staff Reporter

The National Association for Music Education celebrates 30 years of Music in Our Schools Month this year. This March the NAHS Music Department is drawing attention to “Music in Our Schools Month” in a new and inventive way. Unfortunately, due to the Keystone testing schedule, the Music Department is limited to two concerts per school year. In celebration of this month, the Music Department held auditions on February 17th for a student recital to be held on March 4th. This special performance not only gives students a chance to perform for their peers, but it gives them a chance to show off their vocal and instrumental dance. Individuals and groups are invited to audition, and eight performances will be selected for the recital. Whether it’d be singing or playing an instrument, this is an opportunity students at NAHS don’t usually get as an audience or artist! The music recital is being held third period on Wednesday, March 4th. All classes are welcome to come. Attendance is at teacher discretion.