Indoor Track Season

Indoor Track Season

Tovyanah Wright, Staff Reporter

With the indoor track season winding down, the Norristown Eagle’s are preparing for their shot at the 2015 Indoor Track State Championships. The Eagles, led by seniors Andrew Dillon and Dymon Lee, have spread their wings by being two of the 15 state qualifiers for this season. With their sights solely on the State Championships at Penn State University on March 1st, the Eagles continue to improve their times by competing in the last couple of meets before states.

The indoor track team competed this week in the PA Track Carnival at Lehigh. Senior Andrew Dillon lead the way with state qualifying time in the 60m dash, Andrew has qualified in the 200 and placed second in the state,400 and placed fourth in the state, and the 4 by 200 & 4 by 400 relay team. Other team members who have qualified are Corey Davenport in the 200 placed third in the state, 4 by 200 and 4 by 400 relays, Nate Reynolds 200, 4 by 200, 4 by 400, Marcus Soleta and Sameer Wilson. On the girls side, senior Dymon Lee leads the girls team on the 4 by 200 relay & 4 by 400 relay, along with her are teammates Nya Boone, Sheila Day, Jayana Webb, Kanitra Hill-Stewart, Charity Guy, and Jonae Cook. Jayana Webb, freshman, has also qualified in the 60 and 200 while Nya Boone qualified in the 200 and Charity Guy in the 400. The state team traveled to Penn State University this past weekend for a trial run and an opportunity to better their times.